Quick add is a Snapchat feature that allows you to quickly add (hence the name) people who Snapchat believes you may have an interest in following.
If your Quick Add is showing all guys this could be because you mostly communicate with males, most of your friends on the app are male, and most of your friends are talking to males.
If this is the case then it is plausible that your Quick Add suggestions could be made up entirely of guys.
Quick Add suggestions, may result in random people adding you however generally they should be people who you are of interest to you or you may know from elsewhere.
The suggestions are based on:
- People who are in your phone’s contact list.
- People who share mutual Snapchat friends with you.
- People who have shared interests.
- People that friends in your local area send lots of snaps to.
It is not entirely clear how exactly each factor is weighted, however, you can prevent Snapchat from accessing your phone’s contacts so if you have done this then your Quick Add suggestions will be based on your activity and your friend’s activity on the app.
How To Make Quick Add Suggest Girls:
To start getting some female Quick Add suggestions here are a few ways to do this.
1. Allow Snapchat To Access Your Phone Contacts
Chances are you will have the number of some girls who are on Snapchat on there, these will be added to your quick add and will help the Snapchat algorithm to work out that you don’t only want to add boys.
To do this:
- Open Snapchat and head to your profile.
- Tap the settings cog in the top right.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find the ‘contact syncing’ setting, under the ‘Account Actions’ heading.
- Check the ‘Sync Contacts’ box.
…all done, you should start seeing people from your phone’s contact list appearing in your Quick Add list who you can easily add…hopefully including some girls this time!
2. Add More Girls
Adding more girls is another way of encouraging Quick Add to suggest girls to you.
Obviously adding girls isn’t easy when no girls are visible in your quick add, however you can easily add girls by using this workaround..
..simply search Google for “female celebrity Snapchat usernames“, find some that are of interest to you and then go to your profile > add friends > and type their username in the search bar to add them.
This will broaden your interests as far as Snapchat is concerned so your Quick Add suggestions may change to include more girls.
3. Remove Male Quick Add Suggestions
Another way of encouraging Quick Add to suggest more females is to hide your current suggestions from Quick Add.
You can do this by pressing the ‘x’ next to their name in your Quick Add list.
Doing this will tell Snapchat that you’re not interested in these particular suggestions, if you exclusively hide ‘male’ users then hopefully Snapchat will get the idea and start suggesting girls.
4. Clear The Snapchat Cache
Snapchat’s Quick Add suggestions are based on a number of different factors including your interests, clearing the cache will clear data relating to your interests so may result in you getting more girls suggested when you refresh the Quick Add list.
To clear the Snapchat cache follow these steps:
- Tap Your Profile Icon.
- Tap The Settings Cog.
- Scroll Down To ‘Clear Cache’ Under The ‘Account Actions’ Heading.
- Tap ‘Continue’ (Android) or ‘Clear All’ (iPhone) To clear The Cache.
- Close Snapchat – Fully close down the app (don’t just minimize it).
- Reopen Snapchat & Check The Quick Add Suggestions.