If you’ve noticed that you’re suddenly getting a lot of random new people adding you on Snapchat it is most likely to do with the Quick add feature.
The Quick add feature is meant to be similar to the suggested friends/mutual friends features you get on other social media platforms.
The people Snapchat suggests in the Quick add menu are people who Snapchat thinks you may know or may be interested in adding based on your existing friend list, quick add will also feature people who your friends are snapping frequently.
Unfortunately, it’s far from accurate so you can end up with completely random people adding you simply because you have one mutual Snapchat friend or because one of your friends is a prolific Snapchatter.
How To Stop Strangers From Adding You On Snapchat
Thankfully it is easy to stop this from happening, just follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile by tapping your profile/Bitmoji icon in the top left.
- Tap the settings cog in the top right.
- Scroll down to the privacy control heading and tap ‘See me in quick add’, it should be 5th in the list.
- Uncheck the ‘Show me in quick add’ box.
- Job done; you should notice that you no longer get random people adding you all the time!
While we’re on the topic of quick add, if you keep seeing people in your quick add list who you have no interest in adding ever, then you can very easily hide them from quick add by pressing the ‘x’ next to their name so that you don’t inflict them with the same experience you had!