A Snapchat handle is your username on Snapchat.
For example, our Snapchat handle is followpedia:
How To Find Your Snapchat Handle
Finding your Snapchat handle is fairly simple, all you need to do is navigate to your profile and your handle will be displayed prominently at the top of the page underneath your avatar image.
To find your profile follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner to head to your profile.
- You will see your Snapchat handle at the top of the page as shown below;
How To Share Your Snapchat Handle
Sharing your Snapchat handle with someone is very easy to do:
- Simply tell them your handle, for example tell them “my handle is followpedia”, then can then search for this and they will find your account and add you as a friend (make sure they have the correct spelling).
- You can also easily share your Snapchat handle from within Snapchat itself, to do this follow these steps:
– Open Snapchat.
– Tap your profile icon.
– Tap the share icon in the top right, next to the settings cog.
– Share your handle via WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger or any other method.
How To Get A Snapchat Handle
To get a Snapchat handle you need to download the app and sign up for an account, you will choose a handle as part of the sign up process:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store and download Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and select ‘Sign Up’.
- Enter your first name and date of birth when prompted to do so.
- Snapchat will then generate a username for you based on your name.
- Tap ‘change my username’ underneath the suggested handle to choose your own Snapchat handle.
- Input your desired username, if you’re short of ideas try out our Snapchat name generator tool or check out our list of the best Snapchat usernames to help!
- Then complete the sign-up process to get your new Snapchat handle live!
Can You Change Your Snapchat Handle?
No, once your have chosen your Snapchat handle you cannot change it.
So make sure you are happy with it before you confirm your choice.
We recommend you avoid putting anything embarrassing or inappropriate in your username that you may regret in the future!
Snapchat Handle Specifications
There are a few limitations to bear in mind when choosing a Snapchat handle, these are:
- It can be no more than 15 characters long.
- It must be at least 3 characters long.
- It must start with a letter, not a number or a special character.
- It must end with a letter or number, not a special character.