Time-sensitive notifications on Snapchat are notifications that are considered to be more important than other notifications, this feature currently (as of June 2023) only exists on Apple phones.
They will be shown even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode.
This means that you will not miss any important Snapchat notifications.
How Long Do Time Sensitive Notifications Last On Snapchat?
Time-sensitive notifications on Snapchat last for one hour. After one hour, the notification will disappear from your lock screen and notification center.
You can also manually clear time-sensitive notifications by swiping left on them and tapping “Clear.”
Time-sensitive notifications are marked with a clock icon. They are displayed even when your device is in Do Not Disturb or Focus mode. This means that you will not miss any important Snapchat notifications, even if you are trying to focus on something else.
Types of Time-Sensitive Notifications
Time-sensitive notifications on Snapchat include:
- Snaps that are about to disappear: Snapchat’s core feature is the ability to send disappearing photos and videos, termed as “Snaps”. A time-sensitive notification might alert you of a Snap that’s about to vanish.
- Friend requests: Alerts about new friend requests also fall under this category.
- Chat messages: Important messages from friends will trigger these notifications.
- Story updates: When friends update their Stories, Snapchat notifies you through this feature.
- Notifications about Snap streaks: A Snap streak is maintained when you and a friend exchange Snaps for consecutive days. A time-sensitive alert will be sent if a streak is on the verge of ending.
Notably, all notifications from Snapchat won’t be tagged as time-sensitive.
Alerts about new features or updates to the app, for example, will not be categorized as such.
Adjusting Time-Sensitive Notifications
Snapchat allows users to customize their notification preferences.
To disable time-sensitive notifications follow these steps:
- Open your phone Settings menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Snapchat’ (or use the search feature).
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Toggle off the ‘Time-sensitive notifications’ switch.
Tips for Managing Time-Sensitive Notifications
Here are some best practices for managing time-sensitive notifications on Snapchat:
- If you find time-sensitive notifications distracting, consider turning them off by adjusting your settings.
- Fine-tune your notification preferences to limit the number of alerts received. This can be achieved by modifying settings for individual friends or friend groups.
- Activate Do Not Disturb or Focus mode when you need to concentrate on other activities. While time-sensitive notifications are designed to bypass these settings, turning them on can still help reduce the overall number of distractions.
By effectively managing time-sensitive notifications, you can maintain a balanced Snapchat experience without being overwhelmed by constant alerts.
Remember, these settings are adjustable to meet your personal preferences and can be changed at any time to match your needs.