To see the planets on Snapchat, also known as the Snapchat solar system, follow these steps:
- First, you need to have joined Snapchat Plus as the planets feature is only available to Plus subscribers.
- Then you need to ensure that you have a Bitmoji linked to your Snapchat account.
If you have both of these then you can see the Snapchat planets by going to your friends’ profile and underneath their Bitmoji image check to see if there is either a ‘Best Friends’ or ‘a ‘Friends’ badge with a gold border.
- Best Friends: This means you’re both one of each other’s top 8 friends (the planetary positions)
- Friends: This means you’re one of their top 8 friends but they’re not one of your top 8.
If there is a badge tap it to see the planet you have been assigned.
Each of the Snapchat planets has a different meaning, different planets are assigned based on how much you interact with your friend and where you each rank amongst your friends.
How To Link Your Bitmoji To Snapchat
- Download the latest versions of the Bitmoji app on your phone. Get it on Google Play or the App Store.
- Open the Bitmoji app.
- If you haven’t already got a Bitmoji setup create one first.
- Then tap the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Link to Snapchat’.
- Tap ‘Continue’ to link your Bitmoji account to your Snapchat account.
Snapchat Planets FAQs
- Can I see the Snapchat planets of my friends who are not on Snapchat Plus?
No, the Snapchat planets feature is exclusive to Snapchat Plus subscribers.
If your friends have not joined Snapchat Plus, you will not be able to see their Snapchat planets.
- Is there any way to customize my assigned Snapchat planet?
There isn’t a direct way to customize your assigned Snapchat planet, as it is determined by your interactions with your friends and your ranking amongst them.
However, by increasing or decreasing your engagement with certain friends, you may indirectly influence your assigned planet.
- How often do the Snapchat planets update based on friend interactions?
Snapchat has not disclosed the exact frequency of updates for the planets feature.
However, it’s reasonable to assume that the planets would update periodically based on your interactions with friends, such as exchanging snaps, messages, and engaging in group chats. Keep in mind that the more you interact with someone, the higher the chance that they will be placed in your top 8 friends, affecting your Snapchat planet.
- Can I unlink my Bitmoji from my Snapchat account if I no longer want to use the planets feature?
Yes, you can unlink your Bitmoji from your Snapchat account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap your profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner to access Settings.
- Scroll down to “Bitmoji”, it should be 11th in the list.
- Tap “Unlink My Bitmoji” at the bottom of the page and confirm your decision by tapping “Remove”.
Please note that unlinking your Bitmoji will remove your personalized avatar from your Snapchat account, not just the planets feature.