Snapchat has a unique feature that lets you see your friends’ birthdays, but only if they’ve decided to share this information.
To see birthdays on Snapchat, you simply need to go to your friends list and click on the cake icon that appears next to your friend’s name on their birthday.
This feature is only accessible if your friend has the ‘Birthday Party’ option turned on.
In order to share your own birthday and allow others to see it on Snapchat, you need to enable the ‘Birthday Party’ feature.
Here are the steps:
- Open Snapchat: First, open the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- Access your profile: Tap on your Bitmoji or profile icon located in the top-left corner of the camera screen.
- Go to settings: In the top-right corner of the profile screen, you will see a gear icon. Tap on it to open your Snapchat settings.
- Find ‘Birthday’ in settings: It should be the third option in the settings list, just under ‘Username’.
- Enable ‘Birthday Party’: Upon clicking ‘Birthday,’ you will be taken to a screen where you can tap the tick box to enable ‘Birthday Party.’ By toggling this on, your friends will be able to see a cake emoji next to your name when it’s your birthday.
Be aware you will only see the birthday cake on your friend’s birthday so if you’re looking to work out their birthday ahead of time so you can make some plans then this may not be that useful, however using Snapchat charms in the next step can help you.
Remember, your privacy is important. Snapchat allows you to control who can view your birthday.
You have the options ‘Everyone,’ ‘My Friends,’ or ‘No one,’ depending on your comfort level.
So, feel free to adjust your privacy settings as needed while using Snapchat’s birthday feature.
Using Snapchat Charms
Another way to get a rough idea of someone’s birthday is to check a user’s Snapchat charms.
Here’s how you can see someone’s birthday by checking their birthstone charm on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat: Start by launching the Snapchat app on your device.
- Go to chat: Tap on the chat bubble icon located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select a friend: Choose the friend whose birthday you want to check.
- Open your friend’s profile: Tap on your friend’s Bitmoji or Snapchat icon to open their profile.
- Find the Charms section: Scroll down to the “Charms” section, where you will see a list of charms you and your friend share.
- Look for the Birthstone Charm: Among these charms, if your friend has their birthday set on Snapchat, you will find the Birthstone Charm. This charm will indicate the month of their birth based on the associated gemstone or birthstone.
The birthstones for each month are:
- January: Garnet
- February: Amethyst
- March: Aquamarine
- April: Diamond
- May: Emerald
- June: Pearl or Alexandrite
- July: Ruby
- August: Peridot
- September: Sapphire
- October: Opal or Tourmaline
- November: Topaz or Citrine
- December: Tanzanite, Zircon, or Turquoise
..fortunately you don’t need to remember those as Snapchat puts a useful tag on each charm with the corresponding month written on it!
Remember, this method will only work if your friend has set their birthday in Snapchat and allowed it to be shared with friends.
As always, privacy is important, and the ability to view this information is subject to the privacy settings chosen by the user.
Please note, birthstones can only give you an idea about the birth month, not the exact date. For example, if you see a diamond, that means your friend was born in April, as diamond is the birthstone for April.
Celebrating A Birthday On Snapchat
Celebrating a birthday on Snapchat can be a lot of fun and an interactive way to share your special day with friends.
When it’s your birthday, ensure the ‘Birthday Party’ feature is enabled in your settings.
This will make a cake emoji appear next to your name, letting your friends know it’s your birthday.
On this day, you can also access special birthday-related Snapchat lenses and filters which will allow you to send unique birthday snaps to your friends or add a festive touch to your story.
Friends can also use these lenses and filters to send you celebratory birthday messages. Furthermore, your Snap Map Bitmoji will wear a birthday hat and your friends can tap it to give you birthday wishes.
By using these features, you can create a virtual party atmosphere, celebrate your birthday, and engage with your friends in a fun, Snapchat-style celebration.
About The Profile Balloon Birthdate (Now defunct)
Snapchat used to have a feature which allowed you to see a user’s exact birthday on their profile page.
Next to their Snapscore there would be a balloon icon with their birthday and month next to it (providing they had enabled the birthday party feature in their settings) which looked like this:
However this function was removed in February 2023 along with the Snapchat Minis feature mentioned below.
About Snapchat Minis (Now defunct)
Prior to February 2023, Snapchat Minis, a feature that allowed apps to run within Snapchat, had a function that enabled users to see the birthdays of their friends.
The Birthday Mini was a popular tool for keeping track of upcoming birthdays and organizing group celebrations all within the app.
The Birthday Mini function worked like a mini-calendar within Snapchat, offering a view of all your friends’ birthdays by date. It also included the capability to create birthday cards and start a group chat to celebrate a friend’s special day.
However, in February 2023, Snapchat made some changes to its features and services, which included the removal of the Birthday Mini from Snapchat Minis. The decision was part of a broader move to streamline the user experience and focus on core features. While this removed a handy tool for managing and celebrating birthdays, Snapchat still maintains the ‘Birthday Party’ feature, allowing users to see a cake emoji next to the names of friends who have birthdays and have this feature enabled.
As a result, the process of tracking birthdays on Snapchat now relies more on individual users activating their ‘Birthday Party’ feature, which ensures their friends can see when their special day arrives. Despite the removal of the Birthday Mini, the platform continues to provide a fun and interactive way to celebrate birthdays.
Snapchat Birthdays FAQs
- Q: Why can’t I see my friend’s birthday on Snapchat even though it’s their birthday?
- A: If you cannot see your friend’s birthday on Snapchat, it’s likely because they have not enabled the ‘Birthday Party’ feature in their settings. This feature must be turned on for the cake emoji to appear next to their name on their birthday.
- Q: What is the ‘Birthday Party’ feature on Snapchat?
- A: The ‘Birthday Party’ feature on Snapchat allows users to let their friends know it’s their birthday. When this feature is enabled, a cake emoji appears next to the user’s name on their birthday, and their friends can send them special birthday snaps and filters.
- Q: How do I enable the ‘Birthday Party’ feature on my Snapchat?
- A: To enable the ‘Birthday Party’ feature, open Snapchat, tap on your Bitmoji or profile icon, and then tap on the gear icon to open settings. Find the ‘Birthday’ option it should be third in the list) and enable ‘Birthday Party’.
- Q: What is a Snapchat Birthstone Charm and what does it represent?
- A: A Birthstone Charm on Snapchat is a small graphic that represents the birthstone of the month a user was born in. This Charm will only appear if a user has set their birthday in Snapchat and allowed it to be shared with friends.
- Q: How do I find someone’s Birthstone Charm on Snapchat?
- A: To find someone’s Birthstone Charm on Snapchat, open a chat with them, tap on their Bitmoji or Snapchat icon to open their profile, and then scroll down to the ‘Charms’ section. If they have their birthday set and shared, you should see their Birthstone Charm there.
- Q: What do the different birthstones represent on Snapchat?
- A: The birthstones on Snapchat correspond to traditional birthstones for each month of the year. For example, a Garnet represents January, an Amethyst represents February, and so on.
- Q: Why can’t I see the Birthstone Charm for my friend on Snapchat?
- A: If you can’t see the Birthstone Charm for a friend on Snapchat, it could be because they have not set their birthday in their Snapchat settings, or they have not allowed this information to be shared.
Leave a Comment