Whether you want to keep your personal and professional lives separate, or just need a backup account, setting up a new account is quick and easy.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process.
Can You Have A Second Snapchat Account?
Yes, you can have a second Snapchat account.
Snapchat has no problem with users creating multiple accounts, and in fact makes it very easy to switch between the two by showing both of your accounts on your login screen.
This is true for android phones, iPhones and any type of phone that is compatible with the Snapchat app.
In fact, we tried adding as many accounts as we could and we managed to create 7 new accounts on the same phone before we got temporarily suspended (you can read about this below)
How To Make A Second Snapchat Account:
Making a second Snapchat account is as simple as signing up for a new account, to do this follow these steps:
1. Log Out
Log out of your current Snapchat account, do this by following these steps:
- Tap your profile icon in the top left.
- Tap the settings icon in the top right.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap ‘Log Out’.
2. Sign Up (Or Add Another Account)
You will then see the login screen. Underneath the ‘Log In’ button you have two options:
- Sign Up – tap this to sign up for a new account.
- Switch Account – tap this to sign in with logins for a different pre-existing account.
3. Fill Out The Sign-Up Form
If you Sign Up for a new account you will need to do the following:
- Choose whether you want to allow Snapchat to access your contacts or not (this will allow your contacts to find you and add you via your phone number).
- Give a First and Last name.
- Choose a username (Snapchat will suggest one that you can change – try our Snapchat name generator tool or our article on the best Snapchat usernames for some inspiration).
- Give your birthday.
- Set a password.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter the confirmation code (most phones will do this automatically once the text is received).
..that’s it, your new account is live.
Next time you sign out of your account you will see both your new account and your old account on the login screen. Simply scroll to whichever one you want to login to and tap ‘Log in’.
3a. Or Enter Your Other Account Login Details
..or you tap Switch Account all you need to do is input the username or email address and password for your other account and you can log in.
The account will then be saved on the app so that the next time you log out you will be able to see it on the login screen next to your other account.
Can You Login To Two Snapchat Accounts At The Same Time?
It is possible to log in to two Snapchat accounts at the same time though you can’t do it on the same device (unless you use an extra app).
The easiest way to log in to two Snapchat accounts at the same time is to use two different devices, remember you can now log in to Snapchat via PC now too which makes this easier if you don’t have a spare phone.
Another way to log in to two Snapchat accounts simultaneously is to use a cloning app.
Cloning apps make it possible to seconds instances of Apps such as Snapchat.
Other apps such as Snapchat++ (the jailbroken version of Snapchat) used to work for this purpose too.
However, Snapchat++ has largely disappeared over since 2020 thanks to Snapchat quickly banning people who were using it so it’s not worth the risk.
How Many Snapchat Accounts Can You Have?
When researching this, I found no clear answer, everyone was saying that you can have two accounts however I know it’s possible to have more than two accounts on the same app because I have three.
To put this to the test I created as many accounts as Snapchat would let me, I found you can have at least 7 Snapchat accounts..
- I was able to sign up for a total of 7 new accounts using the same phone and app before I got a temporary account suspension. I made 5 accounts using the same phone number and two additional accounts using two separate email addresses.
- Snapchat will only show the 5 accounts you have most recently logged into on the login page.
I was only able to sign up for 5 accounts using my own phone number, I tried using a different phone number but it still wouldn’t let me sign up for any new accounts this way. It gave me this message:
“Due to suspicious activity, we cannot verify this phone number. Please request verification with another phone number”. I tried 2 additional different phone numbers and I got the same message with all of them.
This may have been because I was signing up for too many accounts too quickly.
I could still sign up for another account using my email, which I did…giving me a total of 6 Snapchat accounts registered on the same app on the same phone.
It would then no longer let me use the same email address anymore, however by simply using a different email I could continue to create new accounts on the same app and phone.
I created one more account giving me a total of 7 Snapchat accounts…but then I got this message:
“Due to repeated attempts or other suspicious activity, your access to Snapchat is temporarily disabled. Support code SS02”.
I got this message because I made 5 new accounts in the space of 10 minutes which it is probably fair to flag as ‘suspicious’ rather than me having reached an account limit.
Having made all these accounts I then noticed that the login screen will show a maximum of 5 accounts.
The 5 accounts that you have most recently logged into will be shown on the login screen, to access other accounts you will have to tap ‘Switch account’ and enter the login details as they won’t be saved.