Snapchat ads typically take 24 hours to review, but this can vary depending on factors such as ad type, content, and submission volume.
To avoid delays, submit your ad at least 48 hours before the desired campaign start date and ensure it complies with Snapchat’s guidelines.
If this is the first time you have set up an Ad on Snapchat make sure you have a payment method set up on your account as ads will not be reviewed without one.
Delays may also occur due to incomplete information, high submission volumes, or changes to previously scheduled or running ads.
If an ad is rejected, it may be due to non-compliance with guidelines or creative adjustments needed, and the reason can be found in the Ads Manager or via email notifications.
Typical Snapchat Ad Review Times
According to Snapchat’s website, the typical ad review time is within 24 hours.
However, depending on various factors, the review time may take longer.
To ensure your ad is reviewed and avoid any delays, it is recommended to submit your ad for review at least 24-48 hours in advance of your desired campaign start date.
Review Times for Different Ad Types
Snapchat offers a variety of ad formats, including Snap Ads, Story Ads, Collection Ads, and more.
While the review process is similar for all ad types, some formats may require additional scrutiny, leading to longer review times.
For instance, Dynamic Ads, which automatically generate ads based on a brand’s product catalog, may take longer to review due to their complexity.
Factors That May Delay the Review Process
- Incomplete or incorrect information: Providing incomplete or incorrect information in your ad submission may lead to delays in the review process.
- High volume of ad submissions: During peak periods, the ad review team may experience a higher volume of ad submissions, which may result in longer review times.
- Changes to previously scheduled or running ads: If you make updates to your ad or ad set, such as targeting or creative changes, it may trigger a re-review, causing a delay in the review process.
Reasons Why an Ad Hasn’t Been Reviewed Yet
- The ad review team may be experiencing a high volume of ad submissions, leading to longer review times. It’s advisable to submit your ad 48 hours in advance of your desired campaign launch date to minimize any impact.
- You may not have added a payment method to your ad account. The review process does not start until a payment method is added.
- Your ad may require additional scrutiny due to its content or ad format, resulting in a longer review time.
Why an Ad May Be Rejected
Ads may be rejected if they do not comply with Snapchat’s guidelines, or if they require a creative adjustment, such as fixing cut-off text, blurred imagery, or broken sound.
If your ad is rejected, you can view the reason in the ‘Delivery Status’ column in the Ads Manager, or you may receive an email notification.